Cliff Hockley over at Bluestone & Hockley has the details on upcoming changes that apartment building investors should be aware of regarding their Oregon properties. A few bullet points, changes affect:
- Screening of Section 8 and Section 42 tenants.
- The establishment of a fund to offset damages caused by Section 8 tenancies.
- Renter’s insurance can be required but…
- Limits on tenant screening for evictions and arrest records.
- Timing of notice periods.
- Temporary occupancy.
- Plus: a good definition of ‘Person Crimes.’
See Cliff’s whole report here: A Review of the Legislative Changes to the Oregon Landlord Tenant Act and to Section 8 Tenancies