My Exec Sum: Seattle apartment building investment results from Essex Property Trust Q1 call:
- Seattle demonstrated exceptional same-store NOI and revenue growth of 11.2% driven by very limited supplies of housing and job growth that exceeds national averages
- On operating expenses we expect a 2.3% increase for the second quarter ’12 over the second quarter in ’11
- Seattle rents were up 6.5% compared to the first quarter of 2011. So depending on the submarket, we are now 4% below to even with our prior rent peaks.
- renewal offers for June and July averaged +6% to 8% in Seattle
- As of April 30, its occupancy was 96.1% with a net availability of 5.1%.
- We view this turnover activity (50-55% YoY) as healthy because it provides us with more opportunity to grow rents. Additionally, we only saw a nominal increase in move-outs due to home purchases and affordability.
- Cap rates continue Continue reading Essex Prop. Trust on Seattle Apartment Building Investment: rents up 6.5%, NOI +11% but 10k new units coming